In some cases developers need to import excel file date into a oracle table. Here in this article i will explain step by step how one can import excel data into oracle table using TOAD.
The following are the steps to follow import data from Excel sheet to a Oracle Table:
First the Table must exist with the same or equal number of colums as that in the excell sheet.
Now from TOAD go to:
1. Database-->Import-->Table Data
2. Select the proper schema and Table name where data should be inserted
3. Click "Execute Wizard" and specify the type of file to be imported
4. Select "Excel File (.xls)" and click next
5. Give the path of the file, and again click next
6. Finally click execute..
Now your Excel sheet data will be transferred or imported into the oracle table.